Here’s a list of my most commonly used tools and materials I use in my projects with links to my most commonly used brands.
If you purchase any of these items via Amazon, I’ll get a little kickback! But don’t feel obligated. I always encourage artists to find the best deal they can. Happy painting!
Find more of my process tutorials on Gumroad!
– Color Mixing Recipes for Portraits by William F Powell
– Angelic Visions by Angela R. Sasser (Shameless plug! Great source for my basic methods).
Strathmore Toned Paper Sketchbook
White Prismacolor Color Pencil
PREP & TRANSFER:
– Cintiq 21UX (or Any Other Tablet)
– Photoshop CC 2015 (Photography Plan)
– Inkjet Printer (I use a Brother with high capacity cartridges and it lasts forever)
– Anti-Smudge Glove (also good for using with digital screens!)
– Micron Pens
– Strathmore Wet Media Illustration Board
– Color Wheel (small one for travel, big one for studio reference)
– M Graham Watercolor Paints (Here are some of my favorite colors that are good to start off with.)
– Robert Simmons Sapphire S85 Brushes (Mixed Natural and Synthetic Bristles)
– Table Salt or Sea Salt